Welcome to Old-Võro County with lots of guided handicrafts in beautiful venues!
May 31 – June 5, 2020 – Southern Võro Tour (Tallinn – Tartu – Võru – Riga)
June 8 – 13, 2020 – Southern Võro II Tour (Riga – Võru – Tartu – Tallinn)
Nordic Knitters are organizing Handicraft Tours to Southern Old-Võro County, ESTONIA. Old-Võro is part of a historic Livonia, which is a region on the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea. It is named after the Livonians, who lived on the shores of present-day Latvia. As a consequence of the Livonian War in the 16th century, the territory of Livonia was reduced to the southern half of Estonia and the northern half of Latvia.
The ruins of Vastseliina Castle were and is a very desirable destination for pilgrims. It was a castle of the Livonian Order, Bishopric of Dorpat. It was constructed by 1342 by the Landmeister Burkhard von Dreileben as part of the border fortifications of Old Livonia against Novgorod, Pskov and later Moscow. We will visit the ruins and the Pilgrims’ House at the castle.
During the tour you will relax in Kubija SPA Hotel, enjoy guided handicrafts and great local food in Old-Võro County.
The price is EUR 930 and it includes:
• 7 workshops in different Southern Võro location by the best handicraft masters, includes all materials and tools (for example, knitting, lace crocheting, embroidery, different belt making, wood stamping, cheese making, etc);
• 5 nights in Kubija SPA Hotel double-room with breakfasts and dinners;
• 5 lunches in local gourmet restaurants in Võro County;
• Visiting the ruins of Vastseliina Episcopal Castle;
• 2 SPA treatment in Kubija SPA;
• Unlimited usage of saunas and spa during opening hours;
• Visiting Estonian National Museum (ERM) in Tartu;
• Bus transportation between Tallinn and Riga.
There will be a grand Craft Fair hold in Riga on June 6-7, 2020.
PayPal payments will have an extra EUR 60 charge. A single room available for EUR 100 extra for the entire tour.
Info and reservations:
+ 372 50 343 86
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org