Fabric and Belt Weaving Craft Tour to Lake Peipus, ESTONIA in May 15-23, 2024
The fourth biggest lake in Europe is Lake Peipus in Estonia. Standing on its shore it feels like you are near a sea. Not too far from the lake is a wonderful handicraft and wellness farm called Turgi Talu. Turgi farm hostess Veinika Västrik is an experienced weaving teacher and author of several handbooks for weavers.
During our tour we will enjoy lunches by Turgi farm host Ergo, who is a passionate cook and will serve us delicious meals without gluten, lactose nor added sugars.
Estonia is rich in beautiful handicraft techniques. Weaving fabrics on a loom is a widely spread skill. Woven belts called kirivöö were very popular over several centuries and doing their renaissance right now. There are hidden stories woven into belts, we will have a chance to discover some of it with the help of handicraft master Kristel Vihman.
Also, there will be a day of natural yarn dying using local plants and mushrooms. Our guide on this journey will be a handicraft master Airi Gailit.
During the tour we will relax and dine in Nina Kordon Guesthouse.
The price is 2100 euros and it includes:
• 3 full days of weaving, including all materials and tools.
• 3 full days of woven belt kirivöö making, including all materials and tools.
• 2 workshops on natural dying with plants and mushrooms, including all materials and tools.
• 8 nights in Nina Kordon Guesthouse double-room with breakfasts.
• healthy lunches in Turgi farm by Ergo;
• 2 days of touring in beautiful places in Estonia.
• Bus transportation between Tallinn and lake Peipus.
PayPal payments will have an extra EUR 100 charge.
Only double rooms available.
Info and reservations:
+ 372 50 343 86
If cancelled before January 3rd, 2024 you will receive 90% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.
If cancelled before February 3rd, 2024 you will receive 60% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.
If cancelled before March 3rd, 2024 you will receive 30% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.