Would you like to learn how to knit like a pro? Please join us in this week long Glove Knitting Retreat in Estonia. Summer in Estonia is beautiful, we will show you around a bit.
Knitting instructions from a master knitter, stay in a luxurious Kubija SPA Hotel near Võru, Estonia.
The tour starts and ends in Tallinn and includes a lot.
During this course you will get to know all the secrets of Estonian traditional glove knitting. You will be using 5 double-pointed needles size 0 (2 mm) and local yarn called 8/2. During the first day we will browse through all the different options for the cuff and every participant will select a pattern. We will also stop at the yarn wonderland and select the shades for your new pair of gloves. During the next few days we will knit through all the stages of an actual glove.
The course will last for 7 days and 6 nights. This should be enough for an eager student to be able to finish one glove with all the instructions and support from a master knitter.
Saturday is a tour day. We will visit several farm houses, which participate in the Seto Open Crafting Farm House Days. You will see the beautiful Setoland and its rural life. You will experience the authentic Seto culture, farm houses and friendly people.
The gathering for the tour is in Tallinn on Monday, July 3 in 2023 and it ends in Tallinn on Sunday, July 9th, 2023.
The price is EUR 1760 and it includes:
• 8 workshops of traditional Estonian glove knitting;
• free needles, crafting pouch and yarn to make your pair of gloves;
• 6 nights in a Kubija SPA Hotel single room with breakfasts, lunch and dinners;
• Sightseeing tour to Seto Open Crafting Farm House Days;
• evening boat ride on Värska Bay and on the fourth biggest lake in Europe – Lake Peipsi;
• visiting Estonian National Museum in Tartu and its amazing glove collection;
• visiting Seto Museum in Värska and its amazing textile collection;
• Bus transportation Tallinn – Võru – Tartu – Tallinn.
PayPal payments will have an extra EUR 80 charge, so your total is 1840. If you pay via bank transfer, please make it FULL AMOUNT TO BENEFICIARY! Your total will be 1760 euros, we will send you an invoice.
Info and reservations:
+ 372 50 343 86 firstname.lastname@example.org
If cancelled before Feb 3rd, 2023 you will receive 90% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.
If cancelled before Mar 3rd, 2023 you will receive 60% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.
If cancelled before Apr 3rd, 2023 you will receive 30% of your payment (minus PayPal or bank fees) back.